Filing an ERISA Claim for Epilepsy
ERISA Lawyer Serving Nationwide
Filing a disability claim for epilepsy can be difficult enough, and issues may also arise if you are already “on claim” and receiving benefits. Whether you need help with a new claim or want to discuss filing an appeal after your epilepsy claim was denied or your benefits terminated, an attorney at ERISA Law Center may be able to help. Our team protects the rights of claimants under the Employee Retirement Security Income Act (ERISA) and fights tirelessly to secure the benefits they need – and deserve.
According to the Epilepsy Foundation, more than half of epilepsy cases have no known cause, and one-third of people with epilepsy have been unable to find effective treatment. These troubling statistics are an indication of just how difficult it can be to live with epilepsy.
Epilepsy by the Numbers
Epilepsy is a serious disorder that is characterized by recurrent and unprovoked seizures, which may vary in type and severity. Epileptic seizures can affect all areas of one’s life. They can impact one’s ability to work and to drive, as a seizure may strike virtually any time. Such a seizure may simply appear as a person staring off into space for a time all the way to violent shaking and loss of alertness.
Epilepsy is the fourth most common neurological disorder and can affect people of all ages.
According to the Epilepsy Foundation:
- Approximately 65 million people worldwide and 3 million people in the U.S. suffer from epilepsy.
- 1 in 26 people in the U.S. will develop epilepsy at some point in their life.
- There are approximately 150,000 new cases of epilepsy in the U.S. each year.
- In 6 out of 10 epilepsy cases, the cause is unknown.
- One-third of people living with epilepsy deal with uncontrollable seizures because they have been unable to find workable treatments.
When your right to benefits is at risk, you need a professional who can fight for your rights. At ERISA Law Center, we exclusively handle ERISA claims, appeals, and litigation. We represent clients across the country and are ready to see how we can help you.